In a typical room, place monitors in and around key areas of the room. We recommend that you use 1-3 BBEDS™ monitors in each of the following areas of a room which are some of the most common bedbug hiding areas. Note, for maximum effectiveness you must replace the monitors every 1-3 months.
- Headboards – Place monitors tightly along the back edges and corners. Being one of the least disturbed areas in a bedroom, it is a prime hiding spot – in close proximity to their feeding site.
- Between Mattress and Box Spring – Position monitors at the four corners of the bed, between the mattress and box spring.
- Openings in the Walls – This is particularly important if you are living in a multi-unit housing environment. Vents, ducts, electrical sockets, wall switches, plumbing openings, light fixtures and any opening between units are often the first places that bedbugs will use to enter from a neighboring unit.
- Wall Hangings – Picture frames, artwork, mirrors and other decorations are often overlooked but prime bedbug hiding places. Hide monitors along the back edges to detect activity.
- Upholstered Furniture – Any soft furnishing in the room is at risk to be infested. Place monitors between cushions, along the backside of furniture and around the legs.
- Closets – This is especially important if you store your luggage in the closet. Hitchhiking bedbugs will escape contaminated luggage into the closet area, place monitors accordingly.
- Nightstands – A popular bedbug hiding spot, place monitors under, behind and on the back of nightstands.
- Bed Frames/Posts – Consider positioning monitors around the bottom side of the legs of the bed. This would prevent them from climbing up to the bed.