All Catchmaster® products are non-toxic and easy solutions for eliminating and preventing unwanted pest infestations. Catchmaster products are meant to be used responsibly and for intended use only. Keep all Catchmaster products out of reach of children, pets, and non-target animals. Catchmaster adhesive formulas are extremely effective and may catch anything that comes in contact with the glue. In case of accidental contact with adhesive, use vegetable or mineral oil to remove from skin or animals. Use paint thinner for easy clean up on floors and other surfaces.
1. What should I do if I come in contact with the adhesive?
In case of contact with adhesive, use vegetable or mineral oil to remove from skin or non-target animals.
2. How do I remove the Catchmaster glue traps from floors or other surfaces?
Use vegetable oil or mineral spirits for easy clean up on floors and other surfaces.
3. Will a Catchmaster glue board cause harm if a non-target animal/pet eats, chews or swallows it?
No. Catchmaster glue boards are safe and non-toxic. The ingredients in our products consist of a mixture of consumable ingredients and by themselves will not create any problems for non-target animals. If non-target animals/pets do ingest, monitor the animal closely.
4. Can I use bait on Catchmaster glue boards to attract rodents?
Catchmaster glue boards are pre-scented and are intended for use without additional bait. You can increase their effectiveness by placing glue boards along known or suspected rodent pathways. If you feel the need for additional bait to increase its attractiveness, place a small amount of a non-oily substance on the center of the board. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED FOODS, SUCH AS PEANUT BUTTER, for bait as this will degrade the adhesive and allow rodents to escape.
5. For some reason, rodents seem to be avoiding the Catchmaster glue boards; how do I increase the catch?
Place the boards along a known or suspected pathway without removing the release paper for a day or so (you may also choose to place bait on top of the release paper). This allows the target pest to acclimate to the new item in its environment and to feel comfortable traveling over it. When you remove the release paper, the probability of capturing unsuspecting rodents will be improved.
6. Why are rodents pulling off my Catchmaster glue boards?
There are 3 main reasons why rodents could be pulling off of your Catchmaster glue boards:
1. Dusty Environments – If the glue trap is placed in a dusty area, the dust may coat the glue.
2. Cold Temperatures – If the glue trap is being used in extremely cold temperatures (below 50° F performance will begin to decline).
3. Oily Substances – If the rodent itself is oily or greasy; if the glue trap is placed in an oily or greasy area such as a kitchen; or if the trap was baited with an oily product such as peanut butter or jelly.
NOTE: Anything that coats the top layer of the glue will reduce effectiveness.
7. How do I get the release paper off my Catchmaster Glue Trap?
Grip the release paper in one corner and “pull” it off in one smooth, continuous motion; the paper will come right off.
8. A mouse was caught, what now?
Check traps daily and replace as needed. Do not touch mice. Wear non-absorbent gloves when disposing of rodent. Research how to properly and safely dispose of mice and how to disinfect rodent contaminated areas.
9. How often do your Catchmaster glue traps need to be replaced?
When sealed, Catchmaster glue traps can last up to a year in normal environment conditions. The effectiveness of the Catchmaster Glue Trap depends on the environment; higher temperatures would cause a higher release over time. In cooler environments, the release would be less. A good functional average, depending on temperature with higher release rates in the beginning, would be from 30 – 45 days. Store glue products in a dry environment at room temperature.
10. What is the optimal operating and storage temperature for Catchmaster glue products?
Catchmaster traps are effective at temperatures between 50° F and 110° F. Below 50° F and above 110° F performance will begin to decline.
Storage temps can go up as high as 120° F but should not exceed these temperatures for long periods.
11. Does the Catchmaster Peanut Butter Scented Board cause allergies?
No, Catchmaster scented boards do not contain any traces of real peanuts, peanut scents or oils. The peanut butter scent is completely synthetic. Synthetic scents do not cause allergic reaction.
Consumer Resource Links
Find more information about how to control:
Visit our blog for tips on how to keep your home pest free!