- Inspect the exterior – for any openings that may have developed over the winter. In particular, look for any deteriorated siding, openings along window frames or cracks in foundations. Any of these openings may provide access to pests.
- Take the trash out – make sure all trash is removed from your property, even garbage stored outside can help attract pests to your cabin.
- Keep food off the floor – if you are storing any non-spoiling food over the summer be sure it is off the floor and in secure containers
- Clean your gutters – clogged gutters can cause roof damage and will also provide ample breeding grounds for mosquitoes
- Put a cap on it – if you have a chimney be sure to put a cap on to prevent any unwanted guests from dropping in during the summer
How to Prepare Your Cabin for Summer With spring here now is the time to think about closing your winter cabin for the season. Here are 5 great tips for keeping your cabin pest-free during the off-season.